Jafara family die in fuel storage inferno – Al Marsad

Libya, 26 March 2019 – An entire family died yesterday, Monday, when their home was engulfed in flames after fuel stored in the house caught fire and exploded.

The tragedy in the Jufara area west of Tripoli, is believed to occurred as a result of an electrical short circuit which then caused sparks to ignite the fuel.

In a statement, the interior ministry said that storing fuel was one of the main causes of fires in the country. It called on people not to stockpile fuel or other inflammable materials inside their homes. It was putting families at risk, it said.

There are no further details of the tragedy.